About this blog

My photo
Wales, United Kingdom
Documenting one couple's attempts to live a more self-sufficient life.

Friday 22 January 2016

Welsh tutor cat...

... forbids use of the English text. Read the Welsh!

The coursebook for the Welsh course I started this week recommends practising on anyone who'll listen - including the cat. A better choice of victim, I think, is those people who call me from India wanting to ask me questions. They don't understand any more than George does, but there's more entertainment to be had from throwing random Welsh sentences at them.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! That's fabulous. Perhaps I'll have to start babbling in Norwegian the next time I get one of those telemarketers on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it for the complete bafflement at the other end. I don't know yet whether it discourages return calls.

      Delete
  2. That's a good idea! Sure to get them off the phone without resorting to angry words ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly quicker and less stressful than arguing with them.

      Delete

I don't know why Facebook thinks this is the most interesting text on the page - it's not, I assure you!

If you'd like to leave a comment, but it asks you to "Comment as" a load of options that don't relate to you, choose "Name/URL". You can type in your name and leave the URL blank.

Do leave a comment (unless the main point of your comment is to advertise your business, in which case it will be deleted). It's always nice to know I'm not talking to myself ;-)