About this blog

My photo
Wales, United Kingdom
Documenting one couple's attempts to live a more self-sufficient life.

Friday 18 May 2012

Tiny baby plants

I've been checking the asparagus beds daily for signs of life, for about the last three weeks. I keep telling myself that mid May is when I'd expect to see asparagus, and that last year we had a very warm April whereas this year it's been very cold, but still, the fact that they came up on 26th April last year (I know! I blogged about it!) and no sign of them yet, had me increasingly convinced they'd all died. But no!


Asparagus spear on a one year-old plant

I had to put my fingers behind the spear to photograph it, otherwise it was too small for my camera to focus on. I'm a bit disappointed that they seem to be no bigger this year than last year, but at least they're alive.

At the same time, the carrots are just starting to show.


Carrot seedlings

Things are coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't know why Facebook thinks this is the most interesting text on the page - it's not, I assure you!

If you'd like to leave a comment, but it asks you to "Comment as" a load of options that don't relate to you, choose "Name/URL". You can type in your name and leave the URL blank.

Do leave a comment (unless the main point of your comment is to advertise your business, in which case it will be deleted). It's always nice to know I'm not talking to myself ;-)