Since we remodelled the airing cupboard to take the thermal store for the new heating system, we've been using the old pipes as a hat rack.
This was kind of OK, but they didn't fit very well and I usually knocked at least one off when I was trying to take another out of the cupboard. When I went to help Dad with his house in Cornwall, I scrounged the coat pegs from his house. Over the last few days I've given them a couple of coats of paint, and this morning I hung them on the wall, then added hats.
They're not ideal - it would be better if the pegs were further apart - but they're a lot better than what we had before. I decided it really wasn't worth the effort of cutting them up and fixing each part separately, so this is what we've got. I'm starting January as I mean to go on, getting small jobs ticked off the list.
About this blog
- Wales, United Kingdom
- In autumn 2010, my husband Ian and I both quit our jobs, sold our house and left the flatlands of the east for the mountains of Wales. Our goal is to create a more self-sufficient lifestyle in a place we actually like living. Whilst Ian will continue to earn some money as a freelancer, my part of the project is to reduce how much we spend by growing and making as much of what we need as possible. The purpose of this blog is to keep friends updated with how the grand project is progressing, but all are welcome here. If you're not a friend already, well perhaps you might become one.