The propagator has been very successful, with the first seedlings (Moneymaker tomatoes, kindly donated by VP) coming through in just four days. The other variety of tomatoes, which I'm fairly sure are Roma (saved seed), followed a few days later. I spent every morning for ten days or so pricking out tomato seedlings, until I was heartily sick of the job and had far more tomatoes than I knew what to do with.
More to the point, I had nowhere to put them. The weather's been so cold recently that they'd probably die if I left them in the greenhouse overnight, so I have to bring them indoors, and I don't have that much windowsill space. Yet again, I find myself with a surplus of tomatoes.
The difference between now and two years ago, though, is that I know a lot more people locally now than I did then. I asked around who'd like some seedlings -
I already have Moneymaker, but I'll have some Roma,
I don't have any space to keep them indoors because we're having the bathroom replaced right now, and,
Yes please! - and so I got rid of all my spare seedlings. Now all I have to do is take care of the ones I've kept.