About this blog

My photo
Wales, United Kingdom
Documenting one couple's attempts to live a more self-sufficient life.

Thursday 9 May 2013

Planting out seed-grown potatoes

Although I'm mostly very behind with the garden this year, my seed-grown potatoes have been coming on nicely.


Potato seedlings getting a bit big for that pot

I've dug over half the bed where potatoes are going, so I dug a trench, added some horse muck and garden compost, and eased the seedlings out of the pot.


Baby potatoes!

To my delight, I discovered that many of the seedlings have tiny little potatoes already growing on their roots. Some have five or six pinhead-sized tubers and others, like the one in the photo, have one or two half-inch long little spuds. This way of growing potatoes is much more fun than the usual way! I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't know why Facebook thinks this is the most interesting text on the page - it's not, I assure you!

If you'd like to leave a comment, but it asks you to "Comment as" a load of options that don't relate to you, choose "Name/URL". You can type in your name and leave the URL blank.

Do leave a comment (unless the main point of your comment is to advertise your business, in which case it will be deleted). It's always nice to know I'm not talking to myself ;-)