About this blog

My photo
Wales, United Kingdom
Documenting one couple's attempts to live a more self-sufficient life.

Thursday 6 March 2014

And there it was, gone!

Just three days after I posted a letter asking for our old gas tank to be removed, a truck with a crane turned up on the driveway...

I'd like to say this was remarkable efficiency on the part of Flogas, but in fact it was a coincidence. They'd sent someone out to inspect the old tank last autumn, the result of which was a decision to replace it. Naturally, they didn't tell me this, just turned up with the new tank. As luck would have it, this was less than a week after the gas had run out and I'd disconnected the old tank with a hacksaw. I persuaded the nice men to take away the old tank without leaving a new one behind.

How they managed to get three tanks on the back of their truck is a whole nother story...

2 comments:

  1. What's the betting that they turn up to remove the old tank in a month or so, in response to your letter?!

    ReplyDelete

I don't know why Facebook thinks this is the most interesting text on the page - it's not, I assure you!

If you'd like to leave a comment, but it asks you to "Comment as" a load of options that don't relate to you, choose "Name/URL". You can type in your name and leave the URL blank.

Do leave a comment (unless the main point of your comment is to advertise your business, in which case it will be deleted). It's always nice to know I'm not talking to myself ;-)